Pegasus Social Services is committed to providing a safe environment to all clients during these unprecedented times of a pandemic. Our management team follows CDC guidelines and other scientific journals to ensure Pegasus is up to date on the latest safety procedures. We are currently using the following safety protocols:
COVID-19 In-Home Care
- Caregivers are instructed to call out from their shift if they are showing any symptoms of illness: cough, fever, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, diarrhea, sore throat.
- When caregivers arrive on shift, they answer the following questions:
- Have you or a member of your household been experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you or a member of your household been out of the country within the last 14 days?
- Have you or a member of your household been in close contact with anyone who has been tested, diagnosed or told by a medical professional they may have COVID-19?
- Have you or a member of your household been in close contact with anyone who has traveled overseas or to a high-risk area within the last 14-18 days?
- A “yes” answer to any of these will trigger an alert to the supervisor who will follow up with the caregiver and if appropriate, send home.
- Once in the home, caregivers take their temperature and send it to their supervisor. If over 100, they are sent home.
- Caregivers wear masks (if tolerated by the client) while working in the homes.
- Caregivers sanitize frequently touched areas (doorknobs, handles, remotes, faucets, etc.) at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Caregivers have access to booties, gowns, and gloves if necessary.
- All cars are sanitized prior to and after each outing per CDC guidelines.
- Clients ride in the back for social distancing.
- A/C settings for circulating outside air, and depending on weather, windows are open.
- Employees check their temperature prior to leaving on an escort.
- Employees wear masks during the outing and encourage clients to as well.
- Employees have face shields, gowns, and gloves available if necessary.
- Masks and gloves are available for clients use.